4-H Talk

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2020 10:38 am  #1

Protective animals

The uncle and aunt tell the story of their dog who suddenly became very "snarly," acting almost mean.  It scared them. Later she found out that the dog was actually preventing her from going someplace because the dog knew there was a panther by the spring where she was headed.

We had, of all things, a cat who was very protective of us.  Once, a strange dog came over, and it started to go after one of the other cats, and Schnoodle (the name of this cat) came out of nowhere and began to attack the dog.  Another day, a couple of months later, I was brushing the cat Schnoodle protected before, and this cat was getting very angry with me, growling low in its throat.  Schnoodle again came out of nowhere and went after the cat that appeared to be threatening me.

We had run out of cat food once and it was night.  I couldn't get out to the store, didn't want to anyway (I had my pjs on, the kids were in bed, etc.), so I fed the cats some food we had around the house.  If you have cats, you know how much they "beg" for their meals.  Schnoodle went outside, and came back a little while later with a baby rabbit, still alive, and set it loose in the house.  He had never done that before.  He had brought me dead "prizes" that he would put on the door stoop, but never anything that big, and never anything alive.  I to this day believe he was making a point.  Needless to say, I went to the store right then.

Board footera